Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Coffee and Culture

Every week, girls from different countries and different patterns of life meet in Dawliffe Hall (Chelsea, London). They have named these gatherings Coffee and Culture! 
What are these meetings about? As the name suggests, participants meet in a cozy living room holding cups of hot coffee in their hands! Every week a different speaker shares a special "something" with the girls (a story, an idea, an experience) and leads a lively discussion in which everyone is encouraged to share her thoughts.  

Our friend Fran is a volunteer. She is also a member of the Coffee and Culture! We met her right after a talk on The History of Happiness and asked her why it is important for young volunteers to develop their personal and emotional skills by joining groups like this one. And here's her answer!

"From the talk on ‘The History of Happiness’ I have discovered a new way of looking at happiness, what is necessary for happiness/ optimal functioning etc. This has helped me change my outlook on my work as being a University student sometimes I get overwhelmed with the work load. Therefore knowing that I am working towards a goal, and that sometimes this goal involves difficulties along the way helps put things into perspective.
Hopefully I will be able to apply this to the current volunteering I do and pass on what I have learnt to younger students."

Would you like to learn more about this? We do!

We are looking forward to getting more information about the Coffee and Culture!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment