Thursday, 14 November 2013

Time for reflection

The Give to Gain project seems to be coming to an end too quickly! All of these months have seen so many amazing things going on and wonderful young women working together. 

At Baytree, the G2G Media and Management Team is now half way in their journey as facilitators of the Media and Management seminar series and it is time for some nice and wise reflections on what we’ve done and learnt!

Thanks to the Team efforts, the training programme reached more than 30 volunteers and community members! They received high quality training in different areas, such as teaching, journalism and media. Most of them told us that the workshops were great and definitely in line with their expectations! I think this is a very good start.

The best part is that those young attendees who were not involved in any of the Baytree volunteering opportunities said that they would love to know more and get on board because they feel they have something to give. This is the spirit!

This is a real lesson for us about the potential local communities have when people with different skills and a lot of enthusiasm come together. You just need a small spark, like an interesting workshop, and people meet… and they talk and share… and the rest come naturally!


But the Give to Gain has taught us something else. This project has connected volunteers across boarders!
Recently, the Spanish team called us on Skype! It was my first real-time contact with our partners. They told us about their work running homework clubs for children and promoting initiatives to support the community as a whole. These young women are doing a great job! But what really impressed me was the enthusiasm and optimism that remained with me after the call was over. Does it sound cheesy? Well, you should try!

Share your positive experience because people can get a lot of positive energy out of it!
What have you learnt? How do you feel about being part of the project?

Comments, comments, comments! I want to know all of your thoughts!

I am sure we are all ready to rock all of the activities that we have planned for the final part of the project! Best of luck to you all!

Chiara

Media and Management Team

1 comment:

  1. I am learning new things each time I attend these seminars and it is helping me to see the working world differently, sometimes I feel its bringing me down to earth and helping to me to become more practical about things and also looking for solutions in areas I would not have thought of.

    ReplyDelete